I'm a title. Click here to edit me
The Unity wings symbol appears in many Unity publications and is prominently displayed in many Unity centers all over the world. Its origins are so ancient they are lost in the midst of pre-history. Unity co-founder Charles Fillmore adopted this artistic creation as a Spiritual symbol as early as 1891 in the first issue of Unity Magazine. In the April 1923 issue Charles gave this explanation of the Unity wings:
"The winged globe or sun disc...represents the relation existing
between spirit, soul and body. Soul (the wings) gives wings to
the body (the disc). Spirit is the (invisible) enveloping Principle,
like the atmosphere in which both soul and body exist, and from
which they draw their original inspiration.
"Mr. Fillmore taught as we build and spread our wings of spiritual awareness, both
our soul and body will be lifted up on the invisible wind of Spirit to the fourth dimension which Jesus called the kingdom of heaven. It is the freedom to which we all aspire
and sing about in the Unity song, "I AM free, I AM unlimited; there are no chains that bind me!"
TOOLS from Sunday Lessons
Holy Spirit, who would you have me forgive as I begin my day?
I call forth the sacred power of Forgiveness in and through the power of the Holy Spirit as I now repeat these words from my heart center:
I forgive you, ___________, completely.
The only reason I didn’t, couldn’t, and/or wouldn’t before now
… was because I felt hurt in my interactions with you.
And I was afraid I might get hurt again.
So I held on tightly to my anger,…
I held on tightly to my pain, & my resentment,
I held on tightly to my thwarted expectations, and my resulting upset,
I made myself right,… and therefore you HAD to be wrong.
I inadvertently built a WALL around my heart with each negative,
protective fearful thought… I didn’t know any better... Now I do.
I now CHOOSE to forgive myself. And I now CHOOSE to forgive you.
I free you, ____, from your past.
I free you , ____, from “our” past.
I accept and receive my healing NOW.
May you… be truly happy.
May you… be truly peaceful.
May you… be truly free.
May I… be truly happy.
May I… be truly peaceful.
May I… be truly free.
Thank you, God. And so it is done.
Holy Spirit, who would you have me forgive from today’s journey?
I call forth the sacred power of Forgiveness in & through the power of the Holy Spirit as I now repeat these words from my heart center:
I forgive you, ______, completely.
I free you, ______, from your past.
I free you, ______, from “OUR” past.
I accept & receive my healing NOW.
May you be truly happy.
May you be truly peaceful.
May you be truly free.
May I be truly happy.
May I be truly peaceful.
May I be truly free.
Thank you, God. And so it is done!
I forgive you _______ & now I release you totally & completely to the Holy Spirit.
(Add "completely" when you can).
Forgiveness is my function as the Light of the world. I am no longer just an individual, but I am a Light Bearer.
And the function of LIGHT IN the world.
May you be happy.
May you be peaceful.
May all good things happen to you.
May you walk in peace. And so it is.
1. I lay down the heavy weight of doubt, shame, guilt and embarrassment.
2. I now release the past so I can step into the future with a pure heart and a clean slate.
3. I am capable of moving beyond my mistakes.
4. I am able to heal from the hurt and pain of what I have caused.
5. I am worthy of all the compassion and kindness life offers me.
6. I forgive myself one day at a time until it’s complete.
7. I gently release the grip of anger and rage from my mind and body.
8. I set my past free and forgive my participation in it.
9. I give up the hope of a different past by accepting my true past.
10. I trust my present & future decisions based on love & good intentions.
11. I trade my anger and rage for understanding and compassion.
12. I accept that I did the very best I could at the time with what I knew.
13. I have the courage to heal and become whole again.
14. I will treat myself with respect and kindness from today forward.
15. I forgive others as I forgive myself: w/ease, sincerity & loving compassion.
16. I take this small step toward my greater growth.
17. I am willing to live compassionately with all of who I am & what I’ve done.
18. I am capable of loving all of who I am.
19. I go with the flow that life brings me.
20. I grow more patient and understanding of others by forgiving myself.
21. I let go of all self-judgement and self-sabotage.
22. I melt into an ocean of love and forgiveness where it is all good.
23. I grow stronger & better as I forgive myself and allow myself to move on.
24. I forgive myself so that I can have inner peace again.
25. I can only share my gift of forgiveness w/the world if I first forgive myself.
Talk to sympathetic friends & family about your desire to forgive.
Chatting with others can be comforting.
Write a letter to the person you’d like to forgive. Decide whether or not you send it.
See the situation from the other person’s perspective – your perspective may change.
Don’t forget to forgive yourself.
Sometimes we can be harshest with ourselves.
Understand that you are responsible for your attitude.
Don’t let holding a grudge keep you from feeling free, open & power in your life.
Forgive & watch how much easier your relationship with eating becomes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"CAST YOUR BURDEN" Affirmation
"I cast this burden of ____ on the Christ (within), and I go free to have ______"
LOVING KINDNESS Meditation
The “Loving-Kindness” meditation, used worldwide, can help you cultivate a new attitude.
This practice will help you transform negative thinking into compassion and kindness toward yourself—and toward others. Here’s how to do it:
First, choose a phrase of kindness. Use one of these, or come up with your own:
May you be well, may you be happy, may you be free from suffering.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be surrounded with loving-kindness.
May you be free from pain and suffering.
May you feel safe, cared for, and loved
INVITATION TO DIVINE GRACE
I am open to “Divine Grace and I allow it to fill me now.
I am living in Divine Grace as I move through my life.
I trust Divine Grace to give me everything I need.
Divine Grace is holding me now.
I am overflowing in the fullness of Divine Grace. And so it is.
MORNING GREETING TO YOURSELF
I salute the divinity in myself.
I am strong and able.
I can ido all that I need to do this day.
My mind is alert, my body is vital and healthy,
and my way is full of golden opportunities.
No matter what this day brings to me,
there is that in me that is great enough to meet it,
overcome it, and be blessed by it. Namaskar!